Fox News is looking for an experienced Field Producer/Weekend Manager to join their team in New York, NY. As the Field Producer/Weekend Manager, you are a news junkie with innate curiosity, dogged newsgathering skills, and strong contacts you will use to enhance the network's newsgathering and produce exceptional journalism. You will manage our weekend bureau coverage including pitching original stories with high potential for compelling television, planning weekend reporter coverage, producing reporter live shots, staying on top of all developing stories in our region, and identifying and planning ahead for additional bureau coverage needed for the following week.
You will also use your editorial skills to follow leads, break news, and pitch original bureau stories with high potential for compelling television. You are a proactive, passionate, and self-motivated individual who will collaborate with our producers and reporters to advance the network's coverage on all platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage, plan, and oversee weekend bureau coverage
• Pitch and develop original content for television and digital
• Build contacts and develop unique sources to break news
• Dig into and develop storylines that others are not already exploring
• Enterprise investigative stories
• Assist reporters in gathering elements for television and online coverage
• Produce reporter live shots and packages
• Cover news events, providing editorial guidance, conducting interviews, and shooting video
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 5+ years of field producing experience in a broadcast, print, or digital work environment
• Exceptional editorial judgment
• Strong local contacts
• A passion for current events
• A self-starter attitude with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis; especially in breaking news situations
• Ability and willingness to respond to breaking news at a moment's notice, travel domestically or internationally, and remain on location for as long as needed to cover the story
• Strong communication, research, and writing skills
• Ability to work evenings and weekends
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5kjjz-3-236-231-61-42 in your application.