Multimedia Journalist - Weather
New York, NY
FOX Weather is hiring Field Correspondents! From writing to reporting, as a Field Correspondent, you are curious, resilient, and creative. You know how to get to the heart of a story and share the most important updates from the scene.
FOX Weather is a high-profile startup from the biggest name in news. It will harness cutting-edge tech to bring critical information to audiences in real time. Using FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide compelling and customized weather content across multiple platforms.
This position reports to the Vice President of News Operations, FOX Weather.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide original reporting and captivating coverage of topics and stories as assigned
• Investigate and pitch story ideas
• Interview experts, analysts, and witnesses for weather coverage
• Write scripts for livestream and articles for digital app
• Review stories for accuracy, content, style, grammar, and spelling
• Cultivate a network of sources and contacts to develop story tips and potential leads
• Analyze and interpret information to provide context for audience
• Update stories as new information becomes available
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Minimum 4 years' experience in field reporting
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work nights and weekends as needed
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or a related field
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.