We are looking for a talented Editorial Writer to join the # 1 National Cable Morning Show, Fox & Friends, and Fox & Friends First. You use creative, compelling, and conversational copy to pull viewers in. The Editorial Writer is detail-oriented and thorough to catch errors in scripts and can handle the pressure of being the last set of eyes on stories before air. The Editorial Writer is also strong in a control room atmosphere and has the ability to communicate quickly and effectively with several people at once. The Copy Editor likes to dig into details, find the most interesting part about a story and make it resonate with viewers across the country.
You will be offered the following shift: 10:30 pm-7 am most days - Monday - Friday with Fox & Friends First
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Copyedit writer scripted vo's, vo/sot's & reporter stories under tight deadline pressure
• Research and craft stories in a way that resonates with our viewers
• Check graphics and videos to ensure they match writer scripts
• Communicate critical story information with producers and managers
• Be a leader for the writing team, helping them grow and develop
• Pitch story ideas
• Think outside the box to tell a story
• Understand the importance of utilizing and writing to video
• Craft bold banners that stand out and triple check for spelling mistakes
• Scour social media for elements or information that the competitors missed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 3 years of major market experience
• Flexibility to work both weekend and weekday overnight hours
• Demonstrated ability to write creative and edgy stories
• Solid news judgment and understanding of fair and balanced journalism
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, geopolitics, foreign policy, and history
• Ability to work harder & faster during breaking news without compromising accuracy
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r190pv-3-235-65-220-42 in your application.