Foxnews.com is looking for an Editor who is well-versed in media, politics, and pop culture and has a clear understanding of the Fox brand and audience. You must be able to identify editorial angles that will drive conversations around the news of the day as well as bigger picture issues.
You will be offered one of the following shifts: M-F 5p-2a OR Tues-Sat 5p-2a ET
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor news and come up with editorial angles to pursue
• Assign and edit a group of reporters/production assistants covering Fox News platforms as well as other media
• You will be responsible for assigning, editing clips and write-ups from FNC, FBN, FOX Nation, and FOX podcasts, etc.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 3 years of experience in news, TV, or daily video
• Experience with digital analytics to monitor, build traffic
• Experience using content management systems
• Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and politics
• Strong SEO and social media skills
• Strong communication skills
• Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed and smooth handover is made to next shift
• A self-starter with excellent news judgment for a digital audience
• A good understanding of our brand and audience
• Ability to pivot between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines
• Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings, or weekends as required
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq8479-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.