FOX News Media is looking for a Digital Media Supervisor, DC Library to work out of our Washington, DC Bureau. This position will be in our Digital Media Services (DMS) department and combines supervisory tasks with digital librarian duties. Digital Media Services is the video library group for Fox News Media, performing excellent and objective library services for a variety of inside and outside user groups.
In this role, you will be in charge of managing the FOX DC Library and its staff and will take part in daily selection and research duties. This position will take a lead role in multiple initiatives, including the transition of the DC bureau to a new digital asset management system, digitization of legacy tape video, and other projects for the DC bureau and Fox Media in general.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Hire, train, schedule, manage, evaluate and approve timecards/PTO for DC staff in an efficient and respectful manner
• Work with stake holders to transition the DC bureau to a new digital asset management system, manage the digitization of legacy tape video and other large projects for DMS, the DC bureau, and Fox News Media in general
• Interact regularly with DC senior staff as well as senior staff in NY and throughout Fox News Media
• Must have a high level of comfort with new technologies including highly developed computer, research, organizational, and analytical skills
• Must be detail-oriented and have a customer service orientation, as well as excellent communications and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to adapt to changes in responsibilities as determined by the growth of the digital library environment
• Properly select and annotate a large volume of media in digital asset management systems to facilitate retrieval for use in news production, sales, long-form promotions, and other purposes. Selection activities include screening video, shot listing, enhancing metadata, and indexing video
• Evaluate video for archiving & rights issues and maintain quality control of archiving operations
• Utilize multiple resources to add, organize, and confirm the accuracy of metadata
• Research video using internal and external resources to find the best material for numerous purposes (Fox air, Longform, Web) under deadline pressure.
• Ingest media into company digital asset management and production systems
• Manage various projects as needed with ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Shot-log ingested legacy news video from the Fox Movietone News collection and other digital archives
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3-5 years of television news production experience with at least 2 years of video library experience
• Ability to work on-site and remotely as well as evening, weekend, and holiday shifts as needed
• Digital editing skills and knowledge of digital asset management systems, as well as other production technologies
• Ability and readiness to learn any new systems and technology adopted by Fox
• Excellent knowledge of and interest in, history, current events, and news personalities, particularly DC-centric areas like politics and military topics.
• Excellent computer skills including typing, online searching, and database experience
• Excellent knowledge and skill with all standard office applications, including Microsoft Office, Slack, Box, various web browsers, etc.
• Willingness to learn all aspects of digital and tape libraries
• Willingness and ability to work with other Fox groups
• Propensity toward working independently and under deadline pressure
• Master's degree in Library Science preferred
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g62639-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.