As a DC Bureau Digital Media Librarian, you are responsible for both digital and tape assets. You will be working with a team on the Fox News digital library collection of assets, improving metadata, and managing video files according to system rules and Producer requests. Additionally, you will research and ingest legacy video for news production and sales purposes for teams in NY, DC, and other bureaus, select video for permanent archive, increase the value of video by shot-logging and adding appropriate metadata to all archived material, assist in moving tapes and creating tape inventories, and work weekends, as well as holidays & late nights as needed.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Properly select and annotate a large volume of media in Dalet and VizOne digital asset management systems to facilitate retrieval for use in news production
• Utilize various databases and the internet to organize and confirm the accuracy of metadata
• Research video as needed using in-house and external resources
• Ingest media into the VizOne and Dalet digital systems and provide consistent metadata information for ingested material
• Catalog activities include screening video, shot listing, providing metadata, and indexing video
• Evaluate video for archiving & rights issues and maintain quality control of archiving operations
• Assist producers and others with requests for video files for their project needs.
• Manage various projects as needed
• Shot-logging ingested legacy news video from the Fox Movietone News collection and other digital initiatives.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 2 years of professional news library experience.
• Flexibility to work a regular schedule of five days a week, including Saturdays & Sundays
• Ability to work evening, weekend, and holiday shifts as needed
• Prior television production experience is preferred
• Knowledge of digital asset management systems and iNews production application preferred
• Ability and readiness to learn any new systems and technology adopted by Fox
• Excellent knowledge of and interest in, history, current events, and news personalities
• Detail-oriented skill set and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Excellent computer skills including typing, online searching, and database experience
• Excellent knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications
• Willingness to learn all aspects of digital and tape libraries
• Willingness and ability to work with other Fox groups
• Propensity towards working independently and under deadline pressure
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d21mxy-18-205-176-39-42 in your application.