Field Correspondent - Weather
New York, NY
FOX Weather is looking for a Digital Content Producer to create compelling content for our FOX Weather digital platforms! As the Digital Content Producer, you will be responsible for pitching, writing, producing, and curating content of interest to the FOX Weather audience.
FOX Weather will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Content & Media.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Produce written and video weather content for FOX Weather digital platforms
• Help manage and engage in content partnerships in an effort to surface the most compelling content
• Surface interesting weather-related content for both national and regional audiences
• Coordinate with digital news teams, fellow weather producers, and meteorologists to assure continuity in weather storytelling
• Create social media content utilizing best practices for various platforms
• Assist with the generation, aggregation, management and utilization of user-generated content
• Operate content management system for publication of stories
• Use online tools to contribute to social media accounts
• Monitor analytics and recommend strategy adjustments needed to optimize KPIs
• Work with software such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, WSI graphics, and Infographic programs to produce high-quality digital visuals to accompany content
• Support coverage of significant weather events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 3 years of experience in digital journalism
• Must have a passion for weather - weather experience is a plus!
• A foundational understanding of meteorology and forecasting future weather events
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Applicable knowledge of multiplatform newsgathering tools and resources
• Ability to work under tight deadline pressure
• Social media savviness
• Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.