FOX News Media is looking for a Daily Artist to join their team in New York, NY. As a Daily Artist, you are responsible for producing creative and visually compelling graphics to support daily editorial content on Fox News Media platforms including Fox News Channel, Fox Business, and Fox Nation. You are a graphic designer who thrives in a live news environment. You are willing to learn and understand a positive attitude and the level of commitment needed for a quick turnaround.
* In order to be considered you must submit a link to your portfolio. *
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fulfill quick-turnaround requests for charts, maps, logos, fullscreens, and other custom topical images based on show needs.
• Design engaging key art and build toolkits for our OTT platforms
• Typeset and proofread text-based artwork such as promos, factoids, and info-graphics
• Animate full screen graphics including scrolls, text tears, diagrams, and maps
• Cut out and retouch headshots
• Design logos and custom elements for upcoming news events
• Work with management and editorial to determine the best way to tell each story
• Pitch and storyboard concepts for new shows and specials
• Build out elements for broadcast, print, and digital based on established brand guidelines or animation packages
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects on both Windows and Mac with experience working in a live TV or OTT environment
• Ability to fulfill a high volume of daily graphic requests while conforming to established network-wide and show-specific design standards
• Ability to organize information (layout design, infographics, general composition)
• Strong understanding of design principles, layout, typography and color theory
• Knowledge of current design trends in graphic design and typography
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills meet all deadlines without sacrificing accuracy or quality of work.
• Must be able to handle multiple concurrent projects
• Ability to receive assignments and feedback from team members at all levels
• Knowledge of Curious Maps and Google Maps strongly recommended
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends or overnights
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/Communication
• UI/UX experience
• Knowledge of Maya, Cinema 4D, and other industry technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roo373-3-238-130-97-42 in your application.