FOX News Media is looking for a Daily Artist to join their team in New York, NY. As a Daily Artist, you are responsible for producing creative and visually compelling graphics to support daily editorial content on Fox News Media platforms including Fox News Channel, Fox Business, and Fox Nation. You are a graphic designer who thrives in a live news environment. You are willing to learn and understand a positive attitude and the level of commitment needed for a quick turnaround.
* In order to be considered, you must submit a link to your portfolio.*
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fulfill quick-turnaround requests for charts, maps, logos, fullscreens, and other custom topical images based on show needs.
• Design engaging key art and build toolkits for our OTT platforms
• Typeset and proofread text-based artwork such as promos, factoids, and info-graphics
• Animate full-screen graphics including scrolls, text tears, diagrams, and maps
• Cut out and retouch headshots
• Design logos and custom elements for upcoming news events
• Work with management and editorial to determine the best way to tell each story
• Pitch and storyboard concepts for new shows and specials
• Build out elements for broadcast, print, and digital based on established brand guidelines or animation packages
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects on both Windows and Mac with experience working in a live TV or OTT environment
• Ability to fulfill a high volume of daily graphic requests while conforming to established network-wide and show-specific design standards
• Ability to organize information (layout design, infographics, general composition)
• Strong understanding of design principles, layout, typography and color theory
• Knowledge of current design trends in graphic design and typography
• Excellent time-management and multi-tasking skills meet all deadlines without sacrificing accuracy or quality of work.
• Must be able to handle multiple concurrent projects
• Ability to receive assignments and feedback from team members at all levels
• Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include weekends or overnights
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/Communication
• UI/UX experience
• Knowledge of Maya, Cinema 4D, and other industry technology
• Knowledge of Xpressions Mapping software
#EntryLevel #EarlyCareer #LI-DNI
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $28.61-32.70 per hour for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d54431-44-192-92-49-42 in your application.