Facebook Watch Producer
New York, NY
Stuart Varney and his team are looking for an experienced Coordinating Producer join the team. Varney & Co is a 3-hour, fast-paced show that features CEOs, economists, and Wall St newsmakers as high-energy mainstream newsmakers. The breaking news is nonstop, so we are looking for a collaborative team player, quick thinker, strong writer, idea-maker with solid editorial and leadership skills.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Be a leader, especially in the control room
• Manage production and serve as a key person between talent and staff
• Provide solid news judgment, especially during breaking news
• Help plan daily and future editorial content for the show
• Assist in the management and development of staff from Production Assistants to Bookers to Line Producers, including overseeing and rewriting copy, graphics and the cutting of vo/sots, packages
• Coordinate guests, field crews, shoots, and staffing
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5+ years of proven live newsroom experience, including management of control room and line/segment producers, for television newscast
• Knowledge and passion for current events, particularly financial and political news
• Exceptional editorial skills
• Ability to work under pressure, be decisive, detail-oriented, and meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability/track record of being highly motivated and getting things done in a high-stress environment.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelors' degree in Journalism or related field or equivalent experience
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.