Freelance Comedy Writer, Gutfeld!
Gutfeld! is looking for a strong Freelance Comedy Writer who is equally passionate about comedy and current events. The Freelance Comedy Writer is a proactive individual who can write smart, crisp copy with an edge. You are knowledgeable about politics, social trends, pop culture and can view stories from a unique perspective. Your responsibilities will include writing accurate segment copy that's rich with humor, punch, and irony. The Freelance Comedy Writer will also help with package writing and field shoots. You are a team player who can hit the ground running while working with diverse editorial staff, guests, and technical team. Familiarity with the show and its audience is critical.
This is a part-time, freelance position. You must be available to work 4 - 5 days per week.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research and craft stories in a humorous way that resonates with our viewers
• Write unique, sharp, funny copy for our nightly show
• Work closely with talent and staff on daily story ideas and unique content
• Suggest best visual elements to complement scripts and bring segments to life
• Pitch story ideas
• Scour the internet and social media for unique, funny stories and elements
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of professional and comedy writing experience
• Thorough knowledge of current events, US politics, foreign policy and history
• Demonstrated ability to write creative, edgy and funny stories
• Solid news judgment and understanding of fair and balanced comedy and journalism
• Capable of working harder & faster during breaking news without compromising accuracy
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpbnv9-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.