W e are looking a Booker to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX's expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As the Booker, you must be able to work swiftly under pressure, especially during breaking weather coverage. You must be persistent in pitching guests who can share fresh, useful, and interesting insights with the FOX Weather audience. We are looking for a team player who is an expert in creating and cultivating relationships. You will contribute to our social media strategy and be involved in efforts to source the best user generated content, including potential guests through these channels. Coverage is subject to change with little to no notice, so applicants must be comfortable working under tight deadlines. You are passionate about weather and understand the important role it plays in the lives of our audience. You love the idea of being part of a launch team, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest, all for our FOX Weather audience
• Strategize with colleagues on the best guests and internal partners on bookings
• Book interesting, top-tier guests on a daily basis
• Remain tuned in to the day's top weather stories
• Partner with the newsgathering team to showcase the best stories around the globe
• Long-term planning on which future guests to book for expected events, notable days in history, etc.
• Conduct pre-interviews and research packets, effectively communicating and understanding a guest's point of view on relative topics
• Manage daily deadline turnarounds
• Identify strong user-generated content, ensuring the best elements and guests are incorporated into FOX Weather coverage
• Work exceptionally well within a collaborative team environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 2 years of experience in news or news-related production
• Previous booking experience
• Must have a passion for weather
• An extensive rolodex and the know-how to book everyone from high-profile guests, celebrities and people at the center of major weather stories
• Ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
• Experience in a live control room
• Social media savviness
• Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d880m9-3-235-223-5-42 in your application.