Freelance Audio Operator - FOX Weather
FOX Weather is a 24/7 ad-supported streaming service operated by FOX News Media. Launching in October 2021, the platform builds upon FOX News Channel's expansive newsgathering units & FOX Television Stations' added resources with a combined 120 meteorologists for a comprehensive suite of weather products featuring local, regional and national reporting, in addition to live programming. Utilizing multiple radar systems, including an immersive mobile 3D radar, and more than 100,000 HD cameras located around the country, the service offers users an innovative approach to forecasting, including coverage surrounding all weather patterns, from immediate to long-term. FOX Weather is available via foxweather.com, the FOX Weather app on IOS and Android devices, as well as Tubi, Apple TV, Amazon, and Roku, through FOX's Connected TV Apps.
And we are looking for an Audio Operator to join our Fox News Weather family on a freelance basis. You must be flexible to work on multiple shows over varied hours on weekdays and weekends.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Prepare show audio requirements and operate equipment to integrate audio sources and create a full program mix for air
• Work with technical and production staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped, and automated programming under the supervision of audio management
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Certification in Dante levels 1-3
• 3-5 years of related A1 experience in a live broadcast television environment
• Extensive experience in mixing multiple audio elements in a fast-paced, remote-oriented, live news environment
• Proficient in building and execution of effects and shows on the following consoles; SSL System T, Calrec Sigma and Artemis consoles
• Strong knowledge of audio patch bays, Hydra BSP, signal flow, Enco playout system, and the ability to troubleshoot during live production
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work well with stage managers, technical associates, directors and producers
• Flexible in your work schedule in order to adapt to a new weather startup
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree (preferably in Communications) or equivalent work experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67knj-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.