Fox News is looking for a highly motivated, proactive, and creative Associate Producer for The Journal Editorial Report. As the Associate Producer, you will write and produce segments, prepare elements, and book guests and newsmakers primarily for The Journal Editorial Report, but you will also be asked to work on other weekend shows as needed. You will be expected to deliver a quality product in a fast-paced 24-hour News environment.
You will be offered the following shifts: WEDNESDAYS THROUGH FRIDAYS (9:00am - 5:00pm) and SATURDAYS THROUGH SUNDAYS (2:00pm - 10:00pm).
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch stories for a weekly program with a heavy focus on politics, economics, and culture
• Select video, sound bites, and graphics
• Oversee editing
• Write compelling and concise stories for television
• Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on a wide range of topics
• Book high-profile guests and newsmakers
• Produce live shots and packages
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree
• 2+ years of experience in television production
• Strong writing skills and excellent editorial judgment
• Experience interacting with high profile talent and guests
• Experience in a television news control room
• Familiarity with the Wall Street Journal editorial page
• A passion for current events
• A solid grasp of the political and economic stories of the day
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Ability to work independently and on multiple tasks simultaneously
• Familiarity with iNews and other FNC programs
• Understanding of tape-less workflow in a newsroom
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmex9x-34-230-9-187-42 in your application.