We are looking for a creative, thorough, and hardworking Associate Producer to join Outnumbered. As an Associate Producer, you will be responsible for selecting/building video and graphic elements in a team environment. You're well versed in politics, culture, and current events - and innately curious about everything else. You are a talented writer and excellent researcher who sees value in discovering unique elements to stories. As an Associate Producer, you will also work under tight deadlines and breaking news situations. You have a positive attitude and a team player.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for ordering the graphics and/or video for reporter hits, guest segments, intros, and teases for daytime news shows and entering them into the rundown
• Work with the graphics PAs to ensure elements are spellchecked and editorially/factually correct
• Communicate with editors and PAs regarding video and soundbites to ensure they are cut properly both editorially and technically
• Understand the stories and all the nuances to stack appropriate videos for segments
• Select elements such as sound, video clips, and graphics to help tell a story
• Make elements on the fly in a live control room environment and make last-minute changes and updates
• Work closely with producers and writers to ensure their vision is properly executed
• Make the editorial decision on which full screens should be lined into guest segments based on the topic(s)
• Make suggestions to improve images better whenever possible
• Conduct in-depth research
• Additional responsibilities based on your unique talents/abilities
• Able to work weekends and overnight hours
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of prior television (or similar) experience
• Strong knowledge of news, politics, and current events; familiarity with popular influencers, commentators, and opinion-makers
• Ability to identify and produce compelling video and graphics
• Ability to work with others under intense deadline pressure
• Ability to work independently and make educated decisions independently
• Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
• You find the best part of a story and make it matter to a national audience
• You are creative and think 'outside the box'
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9x52m-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.