Fox News Media is looking for an exceptional Associate Producer to join our Washington, DC #MediaBuzz weekend team. As the Associate Producer for #MediaBuzz, you will be expected to utilize keen editorial skills, including a strong interest in analyzing how the media cover the news. You will be an avid consumer of news media – from network, cable, and radio broadcasts to print and online media – and will be responsible for finding short, compelling soundbites and written quotes that will help illustrate and enlighten viewers about how the media are covering the news. As the Associate Producer for #MediaBuzz, you will be proactive, passionate, and self-motivated. You will have the ability to work successfully with diverse editorial staff, guests and technical teams.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research and select video clips and news quotes to help craft informative guest segments
• Pitch guest segment ideas with a clear media focus
• Build graphics and lower thirds that help emphasize and enlighten the viewer
• Spearhead social media for #MediaBuzz, including our webpage and Twitter feed
• Edit VOs and Soundbites for air, package producing taped interviews, and field pieces
WHAT YOU NEED
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 2 years of television news experience
• Strong interest in how the media covers the news
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize daily, especially in breaking news situations
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Experience with iNews and Viz systems
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjp401-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.