White House Producer
America Reports is looking for a talented, organized, and motivated Associate Producer who has a natural curiosity about news and politics. The Associate Producer will work directly with one of our key anchors assisting in setting up interviews, obtaining information, and logging material for news highlights. You must be able to work well under deadline pressure, have stellar communication skills, and have the drive to win.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Pitch and develop unique and compelling stories that meet all required editorial standards
• Watch events and log material with the goal of identifying news highlights and flagging news developments
• Stay on top of the latest editorial information and communicate changes to anchor and managers in a fast-paced atmosphere
• Perform research, find, cut, and produce elements, and write scripts as needed
• Search VIZ and Dalet to find file, day-of, and event video
• Coordinate daily story development and report to the senior and executive producers in New York
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3-5 years of experience in television production
• Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
• Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
• Being a self-starter who can work independently as well as in a team
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis and especially in a breaking news environment
• Flexibility and ability to work early mornings, nights, overnights, and weekends, and be open to travel
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree in journalism or a relevant field
• Familiarity with iNews, Dalet, and VIZ
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjvvn1-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.