At Fox News, we love what we do and we're looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a creative, thorough, and hardworking Associate Producer to join Fox News. As an Associate Producer, you will be responsible for selecting/building elements in a collaborative team environment. You're well versed in politics, culture & current events - and innately curious about everything else. You are a clever writer & excellent researcher who sees value in discovering unique angles/approaches to stories that no one else will find. You have the right attitude and understand that Fox News requires a level of commitment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for ordering the graphics and/or video for reporter hits, guest segments, intros, and teases for daytime news shows and entering them into the rundown
• Work with the graphics PAs to ensure elements are spellchecked and editorially/factually correct and visually pleasing
• Communicate with editors and PAs regarding video and soundbites to ensure they are cut properly both editorially and technically
• Understand the stories and all the nuances to stack appropriate video for segments
• Select elements such as sound, video clips, and graphics to help tell a story
• Make elements on the fly in a live control room environment and make last-minute changes and updates
• Work closely with producers and writers to ensure their vision is properly executed
• Make the editorial decision on which full screens should be lined into guest segments based on the topic(s)
• Make suggestions to improve images better whenever possible
• Conduct in-depth research
• Additional responsibilities based on your unique talents/abilities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of prior television (or similar) experience
• Strong knowledge of news, politics, and current events; familiarity with popular influencers, commentators & opinion makers
• Ability to identify and produce compelling video and graphics
• Ability to work collaboratively with others under intense deadline pressure
• Ability to work independently and make smart decisions on your own
• Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
• Able to work weekends and overnight hours
• You find the best part of a story and make it matter to a national audience
• You are creative and think 'outside the box'
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3xzzx-54-144-55-253-42 in your application.