New York, NY
Fox News is committed to delivering news as it happens. We love what we do and we're looking for passionate, talented people to help us lead, grow and achieve our goals. Joining the number one cable news network in America is a singular opportunity to be part of a highly successful, dynamic team that has transformed the way people get their information.
We are looking for a creative, thorough, and hardworking Associate Producer to join Fox News Live. As an Associate Producer, you will be responsible for selecting/building elements in a collaborative team environment. You're well versed in politics, culture & current events - and innately curious about everything else. You are a clever writer & excellent researcher who sees value in discovering unique angles/approaches to stories that no one else will find. You have the right attitude and understand that Fox News Live requires a level of commitment
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write stories, guest intros, teases, banners, and questions
• Pitch unique guests, stories & segments
• Conduct in-depth research
• Select elements such as sound, video clips, and graphics to help tell a story
• Additional responsibilities based on your unique talents/abilities
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of prior television (or similar) experience
• Strong knowledge of news, politics, and current events; familiarity with popular influencers, commentators & opinion makers
• Ability to write crisp, balanced broadcast news copy, and identify and produce compelling video and graphics
• Ability to work collaboratively with others under intense deadline pressure
• Ability to work independently and make smart decisions on your own
• Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
• Able to work weekends and overnight hours
• You find the best part of a story and make it matter to a national audience
• You are creative and think 'outside the box'
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d97bm9-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Audio, FOX News Books, the direct-to-consumer digital streaming services FOX Nation and FOX News International and the recently announced AVOD platform FOX Weather. Currently the number one network in all of cable, FNC has also been the most watched television news channel for 19 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks among the top business channels on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.