We are looking for an experienced and passionate Associate Producer to join our NYC Headquarters. As an Associate Producer, you will be a valued member of a strong, flexible team that produces fast-paced news programming on weekdays and weekends. You will write and produce for our highly rated branded shows as well as wall-to-wall breaking news when it happens. This position offers the opportunity to work with several production staff and anchors. It also provides an excellent path for Associate Producers who plan to become line producers.
You may be assigned the following shifts (ET):
Monday - Wednesday: 7 am - 3 pm
Saturday: 10 am - 7 pm
Sunday: 10 am - 7 pm
Flexibility is vital for this role as other schedules may apply.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write for two or more news shows per day
• Write copies and teases
• Produce live shots and guest segments
• Work with producers in the control room
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3+ years of national or large market local news experience
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
• Excellent writing, producing and communication skills
• Solid news judgment and an outstanding grasp of politics, history, geography and current events
• Must write in a vibrant conversational style that makes the news relevant, clear and catchy
• Substantial control room and breaking news experience
• Team player who can meet quick deadlines and react to rapid news developments
• Flexibility to work daytime and weekend shifts
• Ability to spot the best part of a story and make it matter to a national audience
• Creativity and ''outside the box'' thinking
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $59,500.00-74,500.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj11j1-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.