As a service desk to both Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network and dotcom entities, the Media Desk is looking for an Associate Producer to work in our Washington DC bureau. You have a solid understanding of both the technical aspects of digital media and the editorial judgment of a newsroom environment. You have a general understanding of national/international news as well as a passion for politics and beltway news. A constant sense of urgency is absolutely required in order to make editorial and logistical decisions in a fast paced news environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor large volumes of incoming media via Satellite, FTP and physical hardware ingest
• Use video hardware to ingest physical media into a digital system (monitoring quality control standards with correct video and audio levels)
• Understand digital video file formats, file conversion, file play-out and file transfer (FTP)
• Understand web video, streaming video, social media, Skype, etc.
• Complete basic desktop edits
• Attend daily interdepartmental meetings to proactively discuss and plan for future events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• A Bachelor's degree and/or relevant work experience is preferred
• Strong writing skills and editorial judgment
• A passion for current events
• Familiarity with iNews
• Understanding of tape-less workflow in a newsroom
• Scheduled rotation between days, nights and weekends
• At least 3-5 years of live television newsroom experience
• Good communication skills and a positive attitude
• Ability to work seamlessly in a team-oriented environment
• Ability to work well with others and help to train co-workers and new employees
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnkn25-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.