Fox News Digital is looking for an Associate Editor, Flash to join our team. You are well-versed in media, politics, and pop culture and have a clear understanding of the Fox brand and audience. The Associate Editor, Flash, must be able to identify editorial angles that will drive conversations around the news of the day as well as bigger picture issues. In this role, you will multitask between cutting video & writing articles in close collaboration with Senior Editors and the Flash team.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Monitor news and come up with editorial angles to pursue FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com
• Cover Fox platforms - including Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Fox Nation, Fox Radio, and more – as well as other media for stories and montages
• Conduct original interviews via phone and/or video
• Edit video for original interviews
• Cut video from shows for use in articles or the homepages of FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com
• Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed and smooth handover is made to next shift
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• At least 2 years of experience in news, TV, or daily video
• Experience with digital analytics to monitor, build traffic
• Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and politics
• Strong SEO and social media skills
• Strong communication skills
• A self-starter with strong news judgment for a digital audience
• Ability to pivot between breaking news stories and in-depth projects with longer deadlines
• Ability/flexibility to work mornings, evenings, or weekends as required due to demands of the breaking news industry.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience using content management systems and video editing systems
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwbp5y-34-231-247-88-42 in your application.