Fox News is looking for a highly motivated, proactive Editor to join our Assignment Desk team at our headquarters in New York City. We are looking for individuals with strong news judgment who will be required to handle multiple breaking news stories in our fast-paced network newsroom environment. Assignment & Social Media Editors report to the Desk Operations Manager and the Senior Editor, New Media, and work closely with other Assignment Desk staff as well as field producers and line producers, and other Fox News Media units, to integrate our coverage throughout all Fox News Media platforms.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Source and clear new media material from various online sources, including social media sites and aggregator sites
• Coordinate contact with media licensing companies for requested material
• Build strong relationships with Assignment Desks at Fox affiliates and other news service partners
• Communicate with officials and sources for editorial information
• Monitor both traditional & social media for breaking news stories
• Identify news videos and soundbites for breaking news stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 3-5 years of network or major media market newsgathering experience
• Strong editorial judgment
• A passion for current and breaking events
• Familiarity with iNews and social media platforms
• Understanding of tapeless workflow in a newsroom
• Ability to find breaking news stories and identify where to get the latest editorial information and video sources
• Knowledge of and experience covering national and regional interest breaking news stories, and coordination of field teams
• A love for problem-solving
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's Degree
Applicants should be available to work all shifts, including nights and weekends.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxny9j-3-230-144-31-42 in your application.