FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York - the business capital of the world - FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC
The Kennedy team is looking for an experienced Line Producer with excellent communication skills. As Line Producer, your main responsibility each day will be translating the editorial ''vision'' for the show into an organized rundown and overseeing its live production on air. This includes building the rundown, making timing decisions, and managing producer assignments. You must be assertive, detail-oriented, and a natural self-starter. You should also have outstanding judgment and organizational skills. Most of all, you must be an effective communicator who can serve as the main point of contact for producers during the day and talent/crew during the broadcast. You should be able to improvise and make smart decisions on-the-fly in a way that inspires the people around you to follow your lead. You will work directly with the Executive Producer to make top-level decisions and communicate directly with nationally-known, on-air talent on a regular basis.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Participate in editorial meetings, pitch story and segment ideas, & build and maintain the corresponding rundown throughout the day
• Manage team assignments and provide editorial guidance
• Check copy, lower thirds, etc., raise red flags early and offer solutions
• Handle all aspects of pre-production (pre-taped segments, package approval, reporter scripts)
• Write/copy edit scripts as needed, as well as banners
• Create research packets for the anchor
• Guide the technical crew through each element during the show
• Keep the anchor on time using clear and effective cues
• Monitor the aesthetics of the screen to make sure visuals support the conversation
• Effectively manage your own time and attention; prioritize and delegate tasks when necessary
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 5+ years of prior television (or similar) experience
• Experience in a live control room
• Experience interacting with high profile talent
• Exceptional editorial skills; ability to recognize stories and elements with high potential for compelling television
• Effective communication skills; ability to provide clarity and reassurance in high-pressure situations
• Passion for organization; ability to simplify complicated tasks under pressure
• Solid base understanding of technical skills (specifically newsroom and video editing software)
• Strong interest/knowledge of news, current events, and politics and pop culture
• Willingness to listen, learn and grow from constructive criticism
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• Bachelor's degree in television, journalism, or a related field
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkey60-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.