Booker / Researcher, Mornings With Maria
Fox Business Network
New York, NY
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York - the business capital of the world - FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC
We are looking for a passionate, creative, and proactive Director of Booking to join Fox Business in New York. In this role, you will work with all of the show producers and news desk on guest bookings and exclusive 'gets'. You will be the point person for identifying and developing new talent for the network. The Director of Booking will also be the point person for recruiting and developing researchers and bookers across all shows on Fox Business.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Identify top tier guests, cultivate relationships and work with the shows to get the guests booked
• Work closely with producers, talent, & management to ensure we stay on top of the latest news, with relevant guests
• Build a stable of reliable guests to have ready during breaking news to share across all shows
• Conduct pre-interviews and in-depth research on a range of topics
• Pitch stories and guests daily
• Monitor the latest news and locate people, images, and sound editorial information via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Dataminr, YouTube, and other platforms
• Identify, recruit and develop researchers and bookers for all of the shows
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• An extensive list of contacts, and the ability to find and book high-profile guests
• Strong editorial judgment including knowledge of business news, current events, politics, and entertainment
• Proven leadership skills and experience managing teams
• Experience recruiting and developing staff
• Proven track record of identifying new talent
• Willingness and ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
• Flexibility with your hours, as breaking news or major events warrant
• 5-8 years of experience in television
• A bachelor's degree is preferred
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjx4n2-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.