Senior Booker, Kudlow
Fox Business Network
New York, NY
We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive, and creative Booker to join our Evening Edit team. As the Booker, you know what it takes to secure high-profile guests representing top-tier companies in the private sector, government, and beyond. You will be tasked with landing interviews with newsmakers in reaction to daily breaking news as well as booking and managing a who's who of key guests for the days, weeks, and months beyond.
You are the gatekeeper for The Evening Edit, grabbing the best guests, never settling for less, and always working to set the bar at a new high. You live and breathe news and the people driving it.
You are a team player who is calm, cool, and focused. You thrive when it's crunch time. You are a master communicator and a trusted relationship builder who is driving to constantly upgrade the guest roster from the morning through the actual show. You keep a close eye on the competition, and you stay a step ahead of them all the way to the finish line.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Book guests day-of for political and economic topics both before the show and during the show to react to breaking news
• Secure 'exclusive' and 'first' interviews with newsmakers
• Pitch interesting guests and stories
• Conduct pre-interviews with the guests
• Maintain relationships with the current roster of guests while developing new faces for the program
• Vet all guests to make sure they meet the editorial standards of Fox Business
• Work with the Digital Team for which TV clips to post online
• Coordinate with Media Affairs and Promos units to generate publicity before and after high-profile interviews
• Work with Assignment Desk, Bureaus, and Satellite Ops to lock down studios for guests
• Handle any transportation needs for guests
• Ability to work varied hours
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• 2+ years of experience in television production
• Experience interacting with high-profile talent and guests
• Familiarity with iNews
• Strong writing editorial judgment
• A passion for current events
• Ability to work both at HQ and remotely
• Must be willing to work weekends and nights and other various shifts as needed
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
• A Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York-the business capital of the world-FBN launched in October 2007 and is the leading business network on television, topping CNBC in Business Day viewers for the second consecutive year. The network is available in more than 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX, FBN has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, Washington, D.C. and London.