FOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York - the business capital of the world - FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, DC
We are looking for a confident, highly motivated, proactive Booker to join our team. As a Booker for The Bottom Line with Dagen & Duffy on FOX Business, you will be responsible for securing interviews with high-profile politicians, policymakers and other newsworthy guests. You perform your best under deadline pressure and know what it takes to get the exclusive. You must have excellent people skills and understand the importance of building and maintaining relationships with potential guests & your co-workers. You thrive in a collaborative team environment and want to play a critical role in the growth of a new show!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
• Booking guests under the deadline pressure of a daily live show
• Tracking down difficult-to-find people using social media & other tools
• Working collaboratively with co-workers to determine the best approach to securing high-profile interviews
• Conducting in-depth research and pre-interviews
• Pitching unique economic stories and guests of interest to our host and audience
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
• Bachelor's degree in television, journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience
• 1-3 of prior television (or similar) experience
• Strong knowledge of business news, politics, and current events
• Familiarity with popular influencers, commentators & opinion makers
• Ability to establish/build positive relationships with guests and high-profile politicians
• Ability to maintain those relationships when bookings need to be canceled or rescheduled
• Understanding that the news never stops, and some work may be required outside regular hours
• An extensive rolodex with contacts in politics is a plus
• Experience tracking down hard-to-find people using social media, LexisNexis, Accurint, etc. is highly desirable
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,000.00-90,000.00 annually for New York City and Westchester County, NY. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3bbmn-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.