FOX Entertainment has the power to break through. We seek to pierce pop culture with content that takes big swings, delivers mass appeal and elicits visceral reactions form our audiences. FOX has been the #1 A18-49 rated network for 2 years in a row and we got there through innovation and perseverance, as well as excellent content including shows such as THE MASKED SINGER, 9-1-1, CALL ME KAT and THE GREAT NORTH. FOX Entertainment programming includes a mix of Drama, Comedy, Alternative, Animation and Specials. Also within the Fox family are brands such as TUBI, FOX Alternative Entertainment, FOX SPORTS, FOX NEWS, FOX BET, Bento Box, Blockchain Creative Labs, and Credible.
TMZ is seeking an Assistant Accountant (Accounts Payable) to join our Accounting Team. This role will be responsible for various accounting and clerical tasks related to the maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions for multiple shows and websites. The ideal candidate is a versatile and highly detailed self-starter with experience in high-pressure, fast-paced media environments. This person must be extremely organized, process-oriented, and able to coordinate across multiple departments. The position will report to the Lead Accountant and is based out of Playa Vista, CA.
• Submit all check requests, invoices, petty cash and expense reports for approval via Adobe Sign/ WorkDay
• Review and code all check requests, invoices, petty cash and expense reports for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
• Enter POs into the accounting software ensuring careful accuracy and precision
• Process check runs in a timely and efficient manner ensuring all vendor information on the check is correct
• Match and reconcile all printed checks to paid invoices, petty cash and expense reports
• New vendor set up
• File and maintain all vendor files
• Research any discrepancies and follow up on adjustments
• Provide administrative, clerical, and project support to the accounting department
• Additional duties as assigned
• College degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience
• 1 – 2 years of accounts payable experience
• General knowledge of accounting procedures
• Highly organized and strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Proficient in data entry and management
• Solid communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of management
• Experience with production accounting software PSL a plus
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Abobe Sign
TMZ is a workplace that requires the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment. Requested accommodations/exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis in accordance with law.
TMZ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company's success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $28.00-28.00 per hour for California. This role is also eligible for various benefits, including medical/dental/vision, insurance, a 401(k) plan, paid time off, and other benefits in accordance with applicable plan documents. Benefits for Union represented employees will be in accordance with the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
View more detail about FOX Benefits.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk7j10-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.