Reporter / MMJ
The Fox59 AM Morning News Anchor serves as the primary presenter of news stories and other content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
• Presents news stories and other content for all platforms.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Produces newscasts and communicates clear direction with team members.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Acts as a reporter on special assignments as deemed necessary.
• Conducts interviews with news personnel and external entities.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participates in promotional activities to include public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Writes content for the website and other platforms as requested.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• • Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field.
• Minimum five years' experience in news anchoring.
• Fluency in English.
• Must possess the ability to interact well with anchors, reporters, videographers, news managers, etc. with superior business acumen
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Superior/Flawless on-air presence.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers, etc.
• Experience guiding, directing and motivating others.
• Ability to meet clock requirements, prioritize assignments and multitask simultaneously with execution showcasing your high level of experiences
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
• Again, Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field & a minimum of 5 years of anchoring experience
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.