WXIN (FOX59), the Nexstar-owned FOX affiliate in Indianapolis, Indiana, has an opening for an experienced Sales Account Executive. The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and creating partnerships through a consultative selling approach that builds trust through results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing new business on all platforms for WXIN-TV Indianapolis.
• Ideal candidate will possess a passion for ''selling the sizzle'' of the FOX sports suite of products (NFL, MLB, NASCAR and more), as well as the leading local newscasts in Indy.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community, providing excellent customer service.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients, cold calling and prospecting is required.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients, which follows the consultative sales approach we streamline with our prospective clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements via our creative resources.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum two years' experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives, possess self-motivation skills, ability to implement the strategies and actions to achieve success.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5v53-3-236-222-124-42 in your application.