Local Sales Manager
WXIN (FOX59), the Nexstar-owned FOX affiliate in Indianapolis, Indiana, has an opening for an experienced Sales Account Executive. The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and creating partnerships through a consultative selling approach that builds trust through results.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for developing new business on all platforms for WXIN-TV Indianapolis.
• Ideal candidate will possess a passion for ''selling the sizzle'' of the FOX sports suite of products (NFL, MLB, NASCAR and more), as well as the leading local newscasts in Indy.
• Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
• Establishes credible relationships with local business community, providing excellent customer service.
• Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients, cold calling and prospecting is required.
• Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
• Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients, which follows the consultative sales approach we streamline with our prospective clients.
• Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
• Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
• Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
• Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements via our creative resources.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Minimum two years' experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
• Experience achieving long-range objectives, possess self-motivation skills, ability to implement the strategies and actions to achieve success.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), telephones, copiers, scanners, and other office equipment.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.