San Diego, CA
Daily production of a quality news product as defined by the FOX 5 brand. Accuracy, excellence in production techniques, writing, story treatment, relevance to the viewing audience, and ability to generate ratings.
• Stack and booth assigned newscast and shape overall coverage
• Write news stories, teases and headlines
• Manage team of anchors, reporters, writers and editors to ensure production of accurate, updated and engaging news content
• Attend editorial meetings and pitch/vet story ideas
• Stay informed on current affairs
• Assist reporters with logistics and proofreading scripts
• Plan future segments and book day turn newsmakers and content dictates
• Maintain strong social media presence and use it to produce and promote content
• Additional duties as necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field is desired.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience as line producer in working newsroom.
• Must be able to work well under extreme pressure and deadlines
• Must have solid news judgment
• Must be a consistent and solid story and tease writer
• Must show initiative and have ability to act decisively
• Must interact positively and productively with others and take feedback
• Must be a leader in a strong team environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Detail orientated
• Must be flexible with schedule and fill-in different shifts as needed
• May produce additional cut-ins, special reports or breaking news as needed
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.