San Diego, CA
The FOX 5/KUSI Account Executive will:
• Generate revenue for the station and meet monthly goals through effective outside sales strategies
• Focus on developing new business and create results for clients through creative and effective targeted multi-platform campaigns
• Establish trusting relationships with clients and FOX 5/KUSI team members and meet all commitments with adequate preparation, delivery and follow-through
• Grow your book of business in alignment with goals while identifying companies that are new or expanding and meet requirements to be viable long-term FOX 5/KUSI clients
• Meet or exceed revenue targets for existing, new, and digital business, as well as corporate initiatives and develop a strategy to support achievement of goals
• Grow share of clients' advertising spend while increasing their overall spend
• Support collection of receivables
• Build and enhance sales skills, to include effective storytelling, prospecting and relationship-building, negotiation, closing
• Follows all station procedures for preparing orders, resolving billing issues, submitting regular reports regarding sales, pipeline lists, forecasts and competitive analysis.
Candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
• Passion for contributing to a sales team with a positive mindset and collaborative spirit
• Strong time management skills and attention to detail
• Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
• Superior business acumen related to new media, digital interactive initiatives and social media
• Compensation - $60K to $70K Guarantee or Draw plus commission
• Media sales experience preferred and an excellent understanding of tv and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition
• Ability to effectively communicate, build rapport and relate well to all kinds of people
• Professional appearance a must
• College degree preferred
• Reliable transportation, valid driver's license and a satisfactory driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkynyq-3-238-180-174-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.