Anchor / Reporter
WJZY FOX 46 is looking for an enterprising and versatile reporter to cover Charlotte's booming business community and economic development.
This reporter will focus on Charlotte's major employers, the large banking community, real estate, employment, tourism and anything else with an economic impact on the lives of Charlotteans.
This reporter will extensively report on stories focused on topics related to businesses and economic expansion and shorter stories on the latest developments in those areas.
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field and two years of experience in economic based reporting (preferably on TV).
• Strong writing and reporting skills and excellent news judgment.
• Unwavering commitment to accurate, ethical journalism.
• Strong interpersonal skills. Workflows require constant conversations between sources, fellow reporters, photographers, assignment desk and managers.
• Understanding of open records law and ability to file, manage and oversee requests pertinent to beat work.
• Ability to engage with audience and develop sources.
• Ability to work on both daily and enterprise stories concurrently, delivering both with consistency.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to shoot and edit video preferred but not required.
• Ability to work collaboratively.
• Able to work comfortably in a job that will be fast-paced, data-driven, shaped constantly by feedback and experimentation and always evolving.
Must be able to lift and carry up to fifty (50) pounds, ability to walk with equipment up and down stairs and over rough terrain to complete essential job functions.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.