WBFF FOX45 has an immediate opening for a dynamic News Operations Manager! The News Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring the superior quality of news video and audio on all platforms. The ideal candidate will be well-versed in cutting edge news gathering technology and have extensive knowledge in digital distribution of live and stored video. It's a must to be a forward-thinking, hands-on manager with strong leadership skills and the ability to see possibilities where potential roadblocks exist.
• Managing the WBFF FOX45 News operations for television, digital and social. Responsible for initiating and managing content delivery on multiple platforms
• Partnering with News and Engineering managers to plan, coordinate and implement news-related systems
• Directly supervises Chief Photojournalist, Chief Director, Studio Techs and Editors
• Responsible for scheduling of crews, performance appraisals and creative critiques
• Establish and implement short and long-range technical systems and operating procedures for the local news department and Corporate directives
• Assist in the planning and coordinating of live field productions, town halls, breaking news
• Work closely with senior management team to establish content, philosophy and direction of the news product
• Collaborate with News Director and Chief Engineer on managing operating and capital budget projects
• Coordinate production for other Sinclair TV stations and breaking news events
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and brand compliance, and subsequently provide feedback and coaching to all news staff in their work performance
• Coach fellow employees on safe work practices as appropriate and contribute to the overall success of the company's safety program
• Extensive knowledge of news ENG acquisition and distribution, assignment desk coordination and logistics and control room technologies
• Track all expenses related to technology and assigned personnel
• Ability to manage multiple hours of daily newscasts and must have a proven track record of successful contribution to consistently flawless product
• Familiarity of union contracts preferred
• Teamwork and the ability to get along with others is an essential function of the job
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and proactively take action
• Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate 24 hour news operation
• Degree in technology preferred
• Strong organizational and delegation skills a must
• A minimum of 7 - 10 years professional experience in news/content creation with proven leadership skills is required
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1nnmx-3-236-138-35-42 in your application.