Assignment Desk Editor
WAVY-TV 10/WVBT FOX43 seeks an Assignment Desk Editor to join our news team. The Assignment Desk editor is responsible for gathering information and coordinating news coverage across all WAVY News platforms.
The ideal candidate will have solid news judgment, be able to multi-task and work in a high-stress, fast-paced environment. This is a great job for a go-getter looking to break into television news.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Monitor police and emergency scanners and electronic/printed sources for news and disseminate the information to appropriate newsroom personnel
• Coordinate and dispatch reporters and photographers to execute news coverage
• Conduct beat calls and contact public information officers to gather information
• Answer calls from viewers and develop possible story ideas
• Post stories to WAVY.com and WAVY social media sites
• Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including nights and weekends
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
To be considered for this position you must apply online. Please remember to upload a copy of your resume
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z8b7-3-235-120-150-42 in your application.