KTXL-FOX40, the Nexstar station in Sacramento, is looking for an experienced Reporter/MMJ to join our growing team.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to enterprise relevant, unique, broad-appeal content every day. Have the skills and desire to dig deeper, go beyond the obvious and bring an investigative mindset to day-turn stories.
You should also have outstanding live reporting skills, capable of covering breaking news, severe weather, and other developing stories in an aggressive, compelling, creative way.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Report news stories for broadcast, describing the background and details of events
• Build network of sources that will enable FOX40 News to stay ahead of its competitors
• Research topics, vet tips for credibility and relevance, gather information for possible broadcast and publication
• Arrange and conduct interviews, shoot video, edit packages (and Vo/Sots)
• Review copy for accuracy, style and proper grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial direction and guidelines
• Pitch stories of interest to a diverse audience, while also understanding the importance of targeting specific members of that audience
• Promote teamwork and maintain attitude of cooperation and collaboration with all station personnel
• Interact frequently with viewers/users on social media platforms to build engagement and brand
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned, including attendance at public events and community service initiatives
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad lib when required
• Minimum three years' experience in news reporting (Depending on market size)
• Superior on-air presence
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Social media expertise, proficiency
• Knowledge of current newsgathering technology, including video cameras, editing equipment and newsroom computer systems
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
• Flexibility to work any shift
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1168e-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.