Kansas City, MO
WDAF Fox4 Kansas City is seeking a Lifestyle Show Executive Producer/Host for its weekday morning lifestyle talk show.
Successful candidate can showcase stories, knows how to leverage web and social media to help drive ratings and gets the importance of engaging storytelling through graphics, standups and live shots. Requires dynamic anchoring, shooting, editing, and interviewing skills.
Must have strong editorial judgement, research experience, effective communication, project management and good written and oral communication skills This role requires excellent planning skills. You'll be responsible for overseeing and executing the stations year-round promotable calendar. And you'll need to work daily with Creative Services to make sure your efforts are properly marketed.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required to actively work with all departments (News, Sales, Creative Services, Programming) at the station
• Must be able to make quick and sound editorial decisions including:
• Deciding which segments, guests and stories are of most interest to our audience both broadcast and digital consumers.
• Prioritize quest segments, stories and show development efforts.
• Determine and supervise the order in which segments and guests will be told and scheduled in broadcasts.
• Interviewing guests/clients both in studio and on location in a non-scripted, fun, lifestyle show environment
• Knowledge of current events, popular culture, and compelling subjects in KC
• Competent in finding, shooting and editing engaging stories
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests
Requirements and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism, communications, or related field of equivalent combination of education and work experience.
• Familiar with Line Producing a newscast working with Bitcentral, ENPS
• At least five years of experience producing broadcast news.
• Excellent communication skills (oral and written) with both coworkers and the public.
• Proficiency with computers, tablets and mobile digital devices.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.