Kansas City, MO
WDAF-TV Fox4 Kansas City is looking for a Digital Investigative & Data Producer to be a part of our digital first team. This person will identify, research and investigate stories. They will use data analysis and visualizations among digital storytelling techniques.
• Collects, analyzes and presents facts obtained through research and interviews. Has a solid knowledge of legal matters.
• Produces and curates investigative content.
• Shoots and edits content that for our digital platforms.
• Digs deeper into stories through public records and Freedom of Information requests.
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Field produces interviews and other shoots while working with broadcast staff.
• Pitches stories to digital managers and digital producers which are relevant to our audience.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Prior investigative experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field
• Must have strong database management, data interpretation and presentation skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Superior multi-tasker with an understanding of how news is consumed in the digital environment.
• Digitally proficient and self-educating on new applications and technology.
• Strong grammatical skills with a demonstrated ability to edit and self-edit.
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize assignments.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.