- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionWTVO Channel 17 and WQRF FOX 39 is seeking a full-time Production Assistant. This is not your standard ''production assistant'' position! If hired, you will split your time between the studio and editing station promotions and special projects.
• The ideal candidate must have a strong editing background, a desire to learn all aspects of the television news industry, be dependable, able to communicate well with others and be able to work varying schedules including weekends and holidays.
• Work closely with Creative Services Director to conceive, write, produce, and edit compelling on-air promos and image campaigns either independently or as a team
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
• Maintain a clean and operational studio.
• Will operate audio board during live broadcasts.
• Other duties as assigned by the Creative Services Director.
• Work experience and education required for position:
• Strong non-linear editing skills (please provide examples of your work)
• Good writing skills
• Good listening skills
• Quick learner
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5j6x-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.