KDVR Fox 31 in Denver and KWGN/Colorado's Own Channel 2 has an immediate opening for an experienced Meteorologist to anchor weekend evenings, and report on weather-related news on-air and online during the week. This is an extremely rare opportunity in a great city with an excellent quality of life.
We are looking for a sealed Meteorologist who is passionate about weather. You'll be on-air for 3.5 hours every Saturday and Sunday evening, and have digital live duties as well.
The successful candidate must know how to make the forecast presentable and interesting and love to produce weather in different ways. You should be able to produce creative graphics and make your show interesting, urgent, and impactful. We're looking for someone who breaks the mold on the way weather has been presented for decades. Not only do you have to be engaging on-air you must be extremely savvy with social media and web posting. Knowledge of mountain meteorology and Colorado a big plus.
You'll also report on weather/climate-related news during the week on-air and online on FOX31Now. You'll help produce a weekly weather show distributed to all of Colorado. And when the weather changes – and that's all the time in Colorado – you can expect to put your skills to work in the Pinpoint Weather Beast – tracking those crazy Colorado weather conditions.
• Anchoring weathercasts on weekend evening newscasts.
• Fill-in meteorologist duties on weekday and weekend newscasts
• Contribute to and engage on all station social/digital platforms
• Contribute to partner radio stations
• LIVE reporting three days a week on weather/climate-related news on-air and online.
• Digital meteorologist duties on FOX31Now.
• Live field reporting primarily from our EXCLUSIVE Weather BEAST!
• Some short-notice schedule changes to allow you to cover breaking weather on newscasts
• Reel must include a full weathercast and examples of your reporting
• College degree in Meteorology, Atmospheric Science or related field of study preferred
• Certified Broadcast designation from AMS and/or NWA
• Ideal candidate will be familiar with WSI Max technology
• Minimum 3 years' experience as a Broadcast Meteorologist a must
• LIVE reporting experience a must
• Must be proficient on all social media platforms
• Must be able to work with a high degree of accuracy and have the ability to solve problems quickly
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights, holidays, weekends & ON CALL shifts
• Must be able to work under deadlines and have the ability to multi-task
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
Compensation & Benefits:
• Pay: $70K-$80K salary
• Comprehensive benefits package including group health & dental, paid time off, 401(k) and more.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3k3j5-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.