FOX28 is looking for a Videographer/Editor/ Fill-In Host for Good Day Marketplace. The ideal candidate needs to be knowledgeable on national, regional and pop culture news. Must be able to write, produce, shoot and edit video. We are looking for people with news experience and a track record of making smart content decisions. Videographer/Editor/Fill In Host will be a part of a team that will create content for Good Day Marketplace. The ideal candidate must be a team player with strong communication and writing skills.
Essential Duties and Requirements include the following:
• Conduct research on stories
• Gather, write, edit and deliver Good Day Marketplace content
• Edit video /web stories for all platforms
• Write scripts and material for Sales clients under tight deadlines
• Knowledge and skills for integrating content with accompanying digital and social platforms
• Understanding of News/ Lifestyle writing and story structure
• Make Sales calls to clients/ work with FOX28 Sales team
• May shoot news on a needed basis
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Must have strong communication and writing skills
• Must be extremely organized, motivated and a self-starter
• Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize in a constantly changing news environment
• Knowledge of Avid editing technology is a definite plus
• Ability to work with a multitude of people and personalities while maintaining a professional work environment
• Must be able to lift and carry between 25 and 50 pounds on a regular basis
• Must have valid driver's license, good driving record and be able to operate news vehicles
• One to two years previous videographer/editing/on-air experience preferred
• Flexibility and on-the-spot problems solving abilities are a must
• Journalism degree preferred
• Proficiency with non-linear editing (i.e. Avid) and newsroom systems such as iNews
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-re8we0-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.