KMPH FOX26 is looking for an Multi-Media Journalist for our morning newscast. Your responsibilities as an MMJ will include reporting, sometimes shooting and editing news stories, enterprising story ideas, developing contacts, as well as other responsibilities as assigned. You will be expected to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet, social networking sites and mobile phones, in addition to television. The expected shift is Monday through Friday from 4am-1pm.
Skills and Experience:
• Sharp news judgment
• Enterprise story ideas that matter to viewers in the Central Valley
• Execute all aspects of storytelling, scheduling shoots and interviews, shooting video, writing scripts, editing video, and going live multiple times throughout the morning newscasts
• Be a multi-platform storyteller, with regular posts to social media and the station's website and news apps
• Meet tight daily deadlines
• Respond urgently and appropriately to breaking and developing news
• Will work with producers and news managers on developing, researching, investigating, writing, producing, and presenting stories as needed for both TV and digital platforms
• Present completed news stories that are accurate, journalistically sound, fair, and balanced Will report live during newscasts and breaking news as needed
• Build links with the community and contacts for developing impactful original stories
• Flexibility with respect to scheduling and/or assigned work shifts
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel. It can be your reel from college.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
The base hourly compensation range for this role is $17.00 to $20.00 per hour. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates' relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location. Full time positions are eligible for benefits that include participation in a retirement plan, life and disability insurance, health, dental and vision plans, flexible spending accounts, sick leave, vacation time, personal time, parental leave, and employee stock purchase plan.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-reyxo2-44-200-117-166-42 in your application.