KNWA & FOX24, the NBC & FOX affiliates in Fayetteville, Arkansas, are looking for an aggressive, innovative, creative and dynamic Multimedia Journalist Reporter (MMJ) to help take our product to the next level!
Do you love breaking news and investigative reports?
Are you willing to drop everything to chase down a lead and win the big story?
Do you live for the thrill of finding a new way to make a story pop through strong writing and compelling video and sound?
Are you a relationship-builder who loves meeting new people?
If so - you could be the right person for this job ! We need a strong MMJ who can dive into a community, get to know its people and issues, and make an impact in our area!
As an MMJ Reporter, you'll be expected to develop relationships throughout the community, stay on top of current events, develop and enterprise impactful stories, shoot and edit video, write compelling scripts, perform engaging live shots, and contribute content across all platforms.
MMJ Reporters must maintain an on-air persona that is friendly, energetic and authoritative. You must exhibit urgency every day, particularly during breaking news, and have a high-level of engagement on all social media platforms.
Overall, we're looking for a motivated, hard-working journalist with a positive attitude and a team-oriented, leadership nature who can connect with viewers and tell impactful stories across Northwest Arkansas .
Above all, we're looking for someone with journalistic integrity, an optimistic outlook and a winning attitude!
Northwest Arkansas is a rapidly growing and vibrant community filled with rolling hills, rivers, lakes and Fortune 500 company headquarters. Many high-end business industries call NWA home, and they bring in some of the best talent in their fields. Cost of living is low, and quality of life is high. Add in our world-class museums, performing arts centers, major sporting venues, amazing concerts, fantastic foodie destinations and tons of community-centric events, and Northwest Arkansas can't be beat!
In fact, US News ranks Fayetteville 7th best place to live in the country! http://realestate.usnews.com/places/arkansas/fayetteville
Our newsroom is forward-thinking and built on a strong emphasis of positive reinforcement, feedback, growth and development of talent, and a desire to win. We are consistently winning awards from our local audiences for our commitment to our community and our service-centered sense of duty.
Whether you're looking for a place to settle in or a place to equip yourself and launch into that ''big step'' – we have a proven track record of providing both outcomes.
*Must include a link to online reel when applying in order to be considered.
• Present news stories and other content for all platforms, including television.
• Ensure all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily.
• Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Build a network of sources who supply information that allows the Station to stay ahead of its competitors.
• Write and deliver news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Communicate clearly and respectfully with management and team members.
• Assist in writing, copy editing, researching and coordinating news programming and other content.
• Act as a field photojournalist and reporter as assigned.
• Conduct interviews with community leaders, residents and others.
• Respond to breaking news and other urgent newsrooms situations as required.
• Participate in promotional activities including public appearances and community volunteer opportunities.
• Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Shoot and edit video clips as assigned.
• Write content for the website and other digital platforms.
• May produce and/or anchor newscasts.
• Interact with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Promote teamwork and cooperate with all station personnel.
• Perform well in high-stress situations and on tight deadlines.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Professional experience in news anchoring and/or on-camera news reporting preferred.
• Excellent news judgment with an expansive knowledge of local and national current events, history, newsmakers and issues.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to perform well in high-stress situations and on tight deadlines.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx8nez-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.