KNWA & FOX24, the NBC & FOX affiliates in Fayetteville, Arkansas, are looking for an aggressive, innovative, creative and dynamic nightside Executive Producer to help take our product to the next level!
Do you love breaking news and investigative reports?
Are you willing to drop everything to win the big story and showcase weather?
Do you live for the thrill of finding a new way to make a story pop?
Are you ready to share that knowledge and passion with others?
If so - you could be the right person for this job! We need a nightside EP who can be a true leader and make an impact in our newsroom and our community!
As a key newsroom leader, the nightside EP will help craft the station's daily content, work with community leaders and with our crews in the field, and mentor reporters and other producers. The nightside EP will work closely with the News Director and Assistant News Director to set and uphold the high standards for how KNWA & FOX24 shows are produced and executed.
Digital and social media chops are a strong plus -- we want to win across every platform!
Above all, we're looking for someone with an optimistic outlook and a winning attitude.
Applicants should have a minimum of three years producing experience.
If interested, email resume and reel to email@example.com or mail to Lisa Brence, News Director, 609 W. Dickson Street, 3rd Floor, Fayetteville, Arkansas, 72701.
Northwest Arkansas is a rapidly growing and vibrant community filled with rolling hills, rivers, lakes and Fortune 500 company headquarters. Our population just crossed 500k and is rising. Why? Because high-end business industries are here and they are bringing in some of the best talent in their fields, cost of living is low, quality of living is high and we fill up our days/nights with world-class museums, performing arts centers, major sporting venues, amazing concerts, fantastic foodie destinations and tons of community-centric events.
In fact, US News ranks Fayetteville the fourth best place to live in the country: http://realestate.usnews.com/places/arkansas/fayetteville
Our newsroom is forward-thinking and built on a strong emphasis of positive reinforcement, feedback, growth and development of talent and a desire to win. We are consistently winning awards from our local audiences for our commitment to our community and our service-centered sense of duty. Whether you are looking for a place to settle in or a place to equip yourself and launch into that ''big step'' – we have a proven track record of providing both outcomes.
KNWA-TV/KFTA-TV is an equal opportunity employer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Overseeing producing and writing of evening newscasts, including oversight on story selection, content, and production
• Work with management and evening news team to create innovative news content across all platforms in an audience-first environment; ability to think differently and critically
• Manage newsroom, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
• Lead a team that produces urgent newscasts in a fast-paced work environment
• Coach and train a team of Producers; support a positive work culture
• Collaborate with Newscast Producers, Crews, Digital Producers, Editors, and the Assignment Desk to select and cover stories
• Strong news judgement and working knowledge of current events and community issues
• Produce and write as needed
• Provide regular feedback and coaching on newscast with staff, both as a team and individually
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Rotate as weekend on-call manager
• Coordinate schedules with News Director and other news department managers
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree preferred; equivalent experience required
• 3 years of news producing experience
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability to track and select trending news stories
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Working knowledge of how to engage viewers on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
• Experience with iNews, Avid and Wordpress a plus
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented
• Ability to work in a rapid, fast-paced environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays
Deadline driven environment can be stressful. Must be willing and able to work any and all shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays and be on call as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbyz1-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.