FOX21 News is seeking a Weekend Morning Anchor for our Weekend Morning show on Saturday and Sunday. This person should be a strong writer, have outstanding news judgment and bring energy and confidence to the news desk. They also need to connect with viewers on all platforms. During the week the expectation will be that you hit the streets to report. A college degree in broadcasting or related major is preferred with at least 2 years anchor experience.
• Produce content for multiple platforms, including TV, internet, mobile, etc.
• Work with management to enterprise and develop stories daily
• Demonstrate compelling storytelling using dynamic live shots and stand-ups, creative graphics, and use of digital and social media platforms
• Organize material, determine angle or emphasis, and write story according to prescribed editorial style and format standards
• Gather and verify information regarding stories through interview, observation and research.
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree required (equivalent years of experience may substitute for education
• Three (3) years television anchoring or reporting experience required
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation
• Strong reporting skills
• Understand importance of social media
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Promotes teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Operate newsroom computer systems
This position has a starting salary of $35K annual and is based on experience.
Other benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K match, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p2y3-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.