560 Wooten Rd.
Colorado Springs, CO 80915
FOX21 News seeks a Full-Time Weekend Morning Meteorologist Reporter for our 2-hour morning show. This position will also report during the week for our 6:30 pm 9 pm and 10 pm newscasts or fill in for the weather department as needed. We are looking for someone that possesses the skills to deliver a dynamic weathercast in a very conversational style. At least 2-3 years on-air as a meteorologist is required, knowledge of WSI Trueview Technology is a plus and an AMS and or NWA seal is preferred. A college degree in Meteorology or a related major is also preferred. The Weekend Morning Meteorologist Reporter will report, shoot, write and edit weather/news reports across multiple platforms.
Annual Salary: $40,000.00 - and up, commensurate with experience
• A career path to grow your professional experiences
• Full medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as certain other health and wellness benefits
• Retirement savings plan with company match
• Other key company benefits include disability accident insurance, hospital indemnity, critical illness, life insurance, AD&D, ID protection, pet discount program, and employee assistance program. More details about timing and conditions of benefits eligibility and other plan terms and conditions will be provided upon hire.
• Produce and present weather/news reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all-weather/news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes and delivers weather/news stories in a clear and concise manner.
• Assists in writing, copy editing, researching, and coordinating weather programming and other content.
• Responds to breaking and/or severe weather events and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Works closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
• Participates in promotional activities including public appearances.
• Writes web stories detailing the local forecast on a daily basis.
• Interacts with viewers and users on social media sites.
• The MMVJ part of the job includes reporting three days a week.
• Ability to shoot pictures and edit stories from beginning to end.
• The winning candidate will be posted on the web and social media.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Meteorology, or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Entry-level to 2 years' experience in weather presentation and reporting preferred.
• Must be able to shoot video and perform non-linear editing. Ability to write astory from beginning to end. Knowledge of ENPS is helpful.
• Proficiency with Barron's Radar is helpful.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong understanding of the field of Meteorology and a proven track record of forecasting.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.