SAE - AS (PR Agency / Technology practice) NYC
Come join Finn Partners, an award-winning global integrated marketing agency! We are seeking a public relations agency experienced Senior Account Executive or Account Supervisor for our New York City technology PR practice. Excellent media relations and pitching, writing, and program management experience is required for success in this role.
We are a leading PR agency technology team, working with national and international B2B and B2C technology clients. We seek job candidates who are passionate about communications and are ready to roll up their sleeves and contribute to the team's success. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of several account teams supporting our clients' needs, focusing on public relations campaigns targeting digital transformation, cybersecurity, artificial intelligence, future-of-work, clean technologies, and more. In this role you will apply your professional experience implementing effective, impactful client campaigns.
** During the COVID pandemic our employees are working remotely. When our CEO indicates it is time to return to our regular in-office settings, this role will be based within our NYC global headquarters office. **
• Develop/cultivate relationships with client contacts and external audiences.
• Oversee day-to-day client projects to ensure the quality of work meets the client's objective and does so in a manner that provides value.
• Recommend and implement initiatives that improve the audience's perception of the client.
• Develop, pitch, and place positive stories by and about the client in relevant business, trade, and consumer media; handle special media inquiries.
• Develop or review materials (e.g., pitch letters, news releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters).
• Cultivate positive client presence in all media through releases, proactive contact, and responsiveness to inquiries/requests.
• Maintain clear and consistent communications between the client and account team, consistently providing strategy and tactical updates in collaboration with the team lead
• Partner with client and other communications firms (i.e., ad agencies) to develop complete communications plans.
• Research, develop, and present new business proposals.
• Develop original research, surveys, and market studies for existing and new business proposals.
• 4-6 years of related agency based professional PR experience
• Experience working with technology clients.
• College degree.
• Comprehensive experience in and understanding of public relations and media relations.
• Ability to think creatively.
• Ability to plan strategically and globally.
• Strong oral, writing, and editing skills.
• Skill at developing/delivering presentations for clients and prospective clients.
• Ability to understand the experiences of other Finn Partners employees and incorporate them into successful business strategies.
• Superb interpersonal skills.
• Ability to budget programs and manage client finances.
• Availability to travel as needed to off-site meetings.