Polskin Arts & Communications Counselors, a division of Finn Partners, is the oldest and largest firm specializing in cultural marketing and public relations. Founded almost 60 years ago, Polskin Arts works with cultural institutions and with corporations that support the arts.
We are looking for a capable, savvy, and nimble multi-tasker to work in our fast-paced and constantly- changing environment. The applicant must have a bachelor's degree and 5+ years at a public relations agency or in-house PR department within the arts and culture field. The applicant must be a self-starter and problem solver who has strong writing and media-relations skills. It is critical that the applicant have impeccable interpersonal skills and experience working in a team environment where direction and feedback is given by multiple people. Understanding of social media tools and channels and familiarity with Cision, Factiva and standard office software is expected. Domestic and overseas travel is required.
• Working with team to create and execute strategic communications plans
• Acting as day-to-day contact for clients and media
• Actively pitching media outlets
• Handling media inquiries and arranging for interviews with client spokespeople
• Developing, editing and distributing press materials including press releases, pitch letters, media alerts, fact sheets, image sheets, remarks, Q&As and presentations
• Guiding account executive and assistant account executives in prioritizing and completing tasks
• Planning special events, such as press conferences and press trips
• Facilitating direct interactions between clients and medias on press trips and at press briefings, media roundtables, site visits, and interviews
• Compiling and updating media lists
• Bachelor's degree in art history, museum studies, art, architecture, or music
• 5+ years of professional experience in communications, at an agency or in-house at an arts institution
• Proven ability to deliver print, online, and broadcast coverage
• Existing network of media contacts
• Strong communication skills-written and spoken
• Ability to develop and execute successful media relations programs
• Strong project management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Detail and deadline oriented
• Experience using all Microsoft Office products
• Some experience supervising and guiding junior staff
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2q71-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.