Account Executive, PR Agency
Remote / Virtual
Assistant Account Executive, Travel Public Relations Agency
FINN's Travel public relations practice is looking for Assistant Account Executives to join our expanding PR team that focuses on clients and brands in luxury travel, hospitality, wellness, and lifestyle with a portfolio of clients ranging from iconic independent properties to major hospitality groups and one-of-a-kind wellness retreats. We develop enviable connections and maintain rewarding relationships across print, broadcast, and digital media, as well as within the industries we service.
Finn Partners is an award-winning global public relations and integrated marketing agency. The positions are located in our New York and Los Angles offices. The AAEs will proactively develop media relationships to garner impressive placements in national, regional, trade media (print, broadcast and online). We require someone who is a quick learner, rapidly executes tasks effectively, loves to multi-task, is detail oriented, enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, and who is able to travel to client locations, participate in press trips and attend client events as needed. The AAEs must have a passion for the luxury travel and the hospitality industry, enjoy proactively reading and researching trends within the field, and have a knowledge of social media for use in client engagement.
At Finn Partners, an AAE also assists in researching and analyzing issues relevant to the client in supporting day-to-day public relations account activities and administration. We encourage every team member to excel, and fast track, by impressing us with capabilities above the norm.
• Support team members by handling daily account activities including client correspondence.
• Answer media lead inquiries, develop pitches and work with targeted media on story development. Serve as the daily contact person for media and Travel PR clients. Handle standard media requests, maintain strong media relationships, and create and update media lists.
• Write and distribute basic materials including pitch letters, news releases, press releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, bios, newsletters, prepared remarks and program elements.
• Research and monitor client's business and industry to maintain a current knowledge base.
• Assist in account administration duties such as client account activity reports. Prepare meeting agendas and meeting notes.
• Assist in research and preparation for new business pitches.
• Coordinate production and distribution of material with internal service departments to create print and video products.
• Organize and implement events and promotions for the client.
• Represent client at events or trade shows.
• Proactively develop relationships with external audiences (media, third party constituencies, etc.) to convey the client's message.
• Assist in the mentorship and coaching of department Interns.
• Contribute to the success of FINN Partners Travel & Lifestyle division
• A bachelor's degree in PR, Communications, Marketing, English or related field.
• Prior PR agency work experience, or PR / Communications/ Journalism internship experience.
• Experience working with traditional and social media strategies and campaigns.
• Strong project management skills managing concurrent multiple projects.
• Strong oral and written communication skills (including PR writing and editing skills).
• Must be detail-oriented, organized, self-motivated, focused on achievement, a team player, professional/polished, enthusiastic, service-oriented, and eager to learn.
• Strong ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, effectively multi-tasking and delivering required results by deadlines.
• Must be able to travel for business as required by the dept., in accordance with Finn Partners policy.
• Experience using all Microsoft Office products.
• Prior experience in travel/tourism public relations is a huge plus but not required,
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyo273-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.
Finn Partners was launched in late 2011 to realize Peter Finn's vision to create a leading communications agency dedicated to shaping a bold new future in which innovation and partnership are strong drivers of the brand. Finn Partners specializes in the full spectrum of communications services, including digital and social media. Specialty areas include technology, consumer, education, travel & lifestyle, CSR, arts, health, and public and corporate affairs.